Friday, April 18, 2008

STOP PRESS: An American Politician Worth Voting For - Raul M. Grijalva, Arizona

"In the first one-hundred hours of the current 110th session of Congress, Raul supported legislation that reflected the values and priorities of the American people. He demonstrated resolve to serve the working class by ensuring student loan relief, establish a fair minimum wage and provide lower prescription drug costs. In response to deteriorating foreign policy, Raúl supported progressive and open policy by cosponsoring recommendations made by the 9/11 commission on terrorism and helped establish a pathway to energy independence."

What kind of Americans elect this guy?

"The 7th District encompasses parts of Pima, Maricopa, La Paz, Pinal and Santa Cruz counties, along with all of Yuma County. It is the only U.S. Congressional District to represent seven, separate Native American tribes. These tribes include the Tohono O'odham Nation, Colorado River Indian Tribes, Ak-Chin, Gila River, Cocopah, Quechan and Pascua Yaqui.

Brought to my attention via Facebook by the Eustonian New Democrats.

I know, I know: I'm sure there are many other worthwhile American politicians, and I'm sure there are things he favours that I might not, but still. I like this guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home