Friday, July 07, 2006

That's The Zionist-Controlled Media For You

For having written this, my Mossad paymasters at the Georgia Straight have allowed Rafeh Hulays to accuse me of failing to do even “some basic research before commenting on the Israel-Palestinian conflict,” and they have also made room for Carel Moiseiwitsch to assert that I am badly informed on the subject, and on the same page a certain Dan Blake describes the column I wrote about the Boycott-Israel rumpus as a “diatribe” against CUPE-Ontario for which I should be punished by being confined to writing about fish.

So when you think about it, it's pretty fair, considering.

I don’t know who Dan Blake is, but I gotta say, it’s funny being challenged on my research by the fact-challenged Rafeh Hulays. And no doubt Carel Moiseiwitsch would simply have been happier with me had I depicted Israelis the way she does.

I'm still unsure what I wrote, exactly, that was so objectionable, unless it was the important and relevant points I attributed to Dr. Michael Elterman of the Canada-Israel Committee.

Which reminds me.

Around the same time my column appeared, Dr. Elterman and Mark Weintraub wrote an important and enlightening essay in The Vancouver Sun, and you should read it, here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dirk Buchholz said...

As I said earlier I have some problems with the wording of the resolution but not the intent.
The reactions of hate and stupid emotion around this issue is totally out of hand.Mostly by those that support Israel.Theirs is a particulat venemous and hate filled retoric.
I am suppose to believe this wall is temporary and in response to Palesteinian actions,give me a break.It only infringes on Palestinian lands,it is the first step towards a unnilateral border defined by Isreal.Regardless of the wishs or rights of the other side.
The solution is simple withdraw to the 67 borders.Then Israel can build that reprehensiable wall,a thousand feet high if they wish...
Israel is occupying land not the other way around.Israel has dismissed every single resolution issued by the UN...
so lets get a few facts straight here.Palestinians have payed the most and given the most,both in terms of lives and land
Again in light of what happens in the ME to get worked up over a resolution is ridicules,get worked up over Israels actions on the ground.You know the killings the bombings the theft of land,violations of the rights of Arab Israeli's.Apparently there is a double standrad here...so much for Israeli democracy.Then theres the water issue and its controll.You will find wells smake dab in the middle of an Arab village with a fence around it,as the water is pumped to Jewish villages towns,while the locals have to go else where...so much for Israel the victim..lol
Israel is the only state on the planet founded on race,and policies to insure Jewish people remain the majority,despite the multi-cultural nature of Jersulem and Israel

4:12 PM  
Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

You are totally outed, Terry. Time to go underground, we'll find a fitting mission for you as a field agent. Otherwise you will be swamped by the harangues the likes of which are helpfully produced by the friend Dirk here.

4:00 AM  
Blogger Dirk Buchholz said...

respond to the points made in the post,snoopy.What I said is not my opinion they are facts.But then reading your blog I guess your not the type to debate ...

4:13 PM  
Blogger tglavin said...

Dirk: Fair play to you but the Snoop isn't obliged to respond or debate here, and trust me, you don't want to mess with him.

Snoopy: Sign me up for a new field assignment. Especially if it's one of those Mission Impossible type things with rides in helicopters and stuff.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Dirk Buchholz said...

terry said: Dirk: Fair play to you but the Snoop isn't obliged to respond or debate here, and trust me, you don't want to mess with him.
...fair enough(though I will take anybody on in a fair debate) ,I will admit I went off on a tangent after reading your post.
But to respond to the criticism levelled at you ...no where was it implied you take your orders from Mossad or the "Zionist Conspiracy"the guy was just stating that you are wrong in your assertion that Israel is making plans to withdraw from the west Bank(present Israeli action point the other way,the WALL).That was all...
I don't think your remarks or attempt to portray the guy as a nutbar was fair or called for.He raised a valid point,while also aknowledging you were correct in part.
The tension and emotions concerning the M.E are at such a level that one must be very clear and to the point.You are not just a nobody,your writing does reach many many people,as such you do have some clout,this obliges one to be carefull.You stike me as a writer who cares about truth,your remarks in your post did surprise me...

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home