Sunday, September 23, 2007

I guess I must be conflicted about Americans is all

I know, there were lots of Yankee rightists who got a real kick out of Stuck Mojo and their "Open Season" video, and not a few self-appointed Muslim leaders slagged off "Open Season" as Islamophobic.

But I don't know. I just don't see anything especially nasty about Stuck Mojo. They're working class and they're proud of it. They're patriots, but Pyromusic reckons "the band's left-wing politics are as vicious as ever." They're kicking the music-industry corporations in the shins by giving away their music for free (you can donate or pay for it here).

Band frontman Rich Ward says: "This video is NOT attacking Islam. This video is NOT lumping all followers of Islam in with the terrorists. No one in the Stuck Mojo organization is a racist or a bigot, but I refuse to ignore these events so as to keep from offending anyone. If you don't like what I have to say, don't buy my album. "

I'm willing to be disabused of the slack I'm cutting them, but here's my problem. If I had to choose my ride from Natchez, Mississippi to Atlantic City, New Jersey, with Cindy Sheehan, Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky in an air-conditioned limousine with the best selection of organic wines, shade grown coffee, and fair-trade food, or with Stuck Mojo in a beat-up Buick stationwagon, a case of Pabst and a carton of Marlboroughs, I'd decide in a heartbeat. I'm going with these guys.

1 Comments:

Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

"If I had to choose my ride from Natchez, Mississippi to Atlantic City, New Jersey, with Cindy Sheehan, Michael Moore and Noam Chomsky..."

I realize this imagination of yours is professional, what with being a man of words and all that. But this option is too cruel, you know ;-)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home