Friday, March 16, 2007

Why Do I Want To Bash Jason Belfiglio's Head In?

It's wrong to fee this way, of course. Not just because the punk has only been charged with this hate crime, and should be presumed innocent. Even if he was caught a couple of blocks from the broken window of the Chabad Midtown Jewish Community Centre on Bathurst, wearing a T-shirt with a Celtic cross intertwined with a Nazi swastika. Even if a TTC driver did say he saw Belfiglio throw something through the Chabad Centre window a few minutes earlier.

The reason I want to bash the guy's head in is that my teenaged daughter lives in the same building. "It's unknown what exactly was thrown through the windows," the police say. What if it had been molotov cocktails?

The reason it's wrong to feel this way is that I should feel the same throttled rage, regardless.

That's what my head tells me. But my gut tells me something else. Funny old world.

4 Comments:

Blogger thebookmistress said...

There go your attempts to convince people you are not a ZioCon stooge of the Asplers or what-not.

Seriously, glad your daughter is safe.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Terry Glavin said...

Ah, but am I a stooge, bookmistress, or a willing accomplice? A patsy, or an all-out third-order Freemason?

I'm glad she's safe too of course. And that no one was hurt. Thanks, & Beannachtaí Lá Fhéile Pádraig.

5:24 PM  
Blogger carmilevy said...

My first inclination when I saw reports of this crime was to Google the SOB and find out where he lives.

I attended the school in St. Laurent, Quebec that was firebombed a couple of years back. I have less than zero tolerance for jobless lowlifes who have nothing better to do than spew hatred. If I had a steel-toed Kodiak, I'd finish the ben zona off myself.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fact of the matter is that they weren't Molitov cocktails, and this is not even considered a hate crime, or destruction of religious property

Go cry to the ADL and UJA

It's weird how everyone seems to target these buildings and nothing else in the area

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home